Friday, January 25, 2008

HABS' RYDER UNHAPPY; WANTS MORE PANCAKES

NEW JERSEY - Michael Ryder has had a tough season. Between struggling to score and being kept out of the lineup, Ryder has found himself wanting more. He has found himself wanting pancakes.

And the team isn't delivering.

Ryder has yet to openly demand a trade but the Canadiens forward has certainly indicated that he will reflect upon his future in Montreal if management doesn't give him delicious fluffy pancakes with blueberry sauce by the conclusion of the All-Star break.

The versatile 27-year-old, who can play forward and warm the bench, was not unhappy about being benched for the third period of last night's win in New Jersey. However, he was disappointed when the trainer passed him a towel instead of a plate of steaming flapjacks.

The benching and lack of pancakes marked the eighth time this season that Ryder has had to suffer through the situation. Each time, he has taken it hard.

He said he would discuss with his family and his dog, Pooky, as to where his hockey future lies.
"I'm not saying I want out, I'm just saying I want pancakes," he said. "No one wants to go through life without pancakes. But I'm not requesting a trade or anything like that. All I'm saying is that I want my fluffycakes, and we'll go from there."

"It's unfortunate he feels this way," Carbonneau said of Ryder. "But he's from Newfoundland, so what do you expect?"

No comments: