Monday, November 8, 2010

POINT, COUNTERPOINT

Extract from Toronto Sun

HABS LOSING BIG TIME
The former "Greatest Team in the World" has lost its stronghold. The mindless slaves and zombies are returning to the reality that is a below average team. The Canadiens are being brought to their knees.

Frank Wilder, scientist and hockey enthusiast, entered the Bell Center on Saturday night to witness the team's latest loss. He braved the storm that was the anger and frustration of the "faithful" that had suddenly lost faith. He was determined to reach the bottom of this.

Pierre Gautier, GM of the Montreal Canadiens could not be reached for comment at press time, so Wilder was forced to speak to other prominent figures from within the media. Most notably, "The Habs Man" from the great HabsBros blog.

Wilder asked if The Habs Man had lost his faith in the Canadiens.

"Okay, so I have, alright?" he responded. "I've betrayed the human race by voluntarily giving up my belief in this team. I mean, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry before I'm forgiven? Fifty? A hundred? A thousand? Tell me!"

"Let's start with once," came a reply from the crowd. "Once would be a good start."




Extract from Montreal Gazette

EVERYTHING IS FINE

Point - Everything is fine! Pierre Gautier says everything is totally fine, and I have no reason to think otherwise. Anyone who doesn't think everything is totally fine has a screw loose. Everything is totally fine.

Counter Point - Fine? Try awesome! Things aren't just fine! They're totally awesome! Saying thins are just fine is crazy, when things are as awesome as they are! Things are just plain awesome!

No comments: